Friday, February 12, 2010

My Very Own Office

While the parents were here, we tackled the hall closet. I so wish I had taken a before shot because this closet was a mess. Everything that did not have a place in the house was shoved in this closet. I was totally jazzed when I found some toile wallpaper at a discount. I think toile is such a timeless pattern. I have never gotten tired of it. It took Daddy, the best wallpaper guy around, under 2 hours to paper the whole closet.



When he finished, we knew that it could never go back to being a closet. So the idea for a small office took hold as Mama and I pulled things around the house for the new space. The table started off in the entertainment room and then behind a sofa before being recruited as a desk. The lamp came from the guest room. Doesn't the shade go so well with the paper?


I am currently working on a funky collage to hang over the desk. In the collage there is a pink crown, so when I found this Alice-in-Wonderland clock on sale at Walmart, I knew it had to go home with me.


One of my favorite things in the library is the pen holder that my grandmother made for my father when he was a young man.


Across from the desk is a shelf for all of my books and files. I have not yet arranged it completely, so those photos are another day's project. Although I adore my Hous, I am thrilled to have my very own office!






No comments: