Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Friends

Yesterday was my first full day of normal activities. I went to Bible study and then on to all day meetings with my business partner and two of our clients. I did not get home until 5 pm and had a terrible headache along with a complete brain freeze. Hous and I were supposed to go out to dinner but all I wanted to do was take off my processor and climb into a hot tub with a nice glass of red wine. However, something had to be done about dinner and since we were totally out of frozen pizza, it wasn't looking good. As I started looking, I realized we had some honey-baked ham that some friends of ours brought us when I had my surgery. I had frozen the leftover ham, and all I had to do was caramelize it in pan and microwave some veggies to go with it. We had a delicious meal with very little preparation. Needless to say I could have kissed those friends a thousand times over.

This morning I was just thinking about how appreciative I am of my friends and how some acts of kindness goes a long way. So many people called, brought food and gifts, and sent emails and cards. How wonderful it is to be loved. How more wonderful is it to love. I get so wrapped up in my own life that I don't always love well. Watching my friends in action inspires me to be a better friend. To purposefully put love in action.

Yesterday I struggled to hear the speaker over the heating unit while in Bible study but was not disappointed afterwards because I entered with low expectations. :-) However, I received the daily encouragement while on my way home from my meetings. A friend from church had texted me to schedule a lunch date and instead of responding via text, I called her on my cell phone. Got every word she said except for one sentence at the very end of our conversation! We were both so excited!!! It is getting better each day!

Giddy up.

No comments: