Friday, February 5, 2010

Airplanes

One of the benefits of keeping my expectations reigned in has allowed me to experience freedom in unexpected ways. For instance, last night I met up with a girlfriend for a margarita and during the course of our conversation, she received a phone call she had to take. Normally, I would just turn my head to give her some privacy while at the same time listen to see if I could understand part or any of her conversation. But since I have been trying to teach myself to relax and give myself a break regarding speech discrimination, I just turned my head and focused on other things. The place was noisy so I was totally caught off guard when I clearly heard the last two sentences before she ended the conversation. So encouraging. Such a sweet reward and confirmation to just, as Elisabeth Elliot would say, "do the next thing." Just to keep moving forward on the path; my hope will not be cut off.

Thursday's encouragement was that I heard an airplane fly over while I was in the house! Have never heard that before in my life. We may be moving...

No comments: