Thursday, March 25, 2010

Food on my mind

Have appetite back. Will eat.

Missing Indian food. Hubs took me to Bombay Bistro on Sunday for some northern Indian food. Wonder if Hubs is interested in driving me to Atlanta for some southern Indian food at Saravanaa Bhavan. Am thinking that answer is going to be a resounding no.

I am not a bread person but I have become addicted to an Indian flat bread called parantha. All in all, it is pan-fried flour that can be stuffed with different vegetables or potatoes. It is not low fat. My favorite restaurant in Delhi, Not Just Paranthas, serves many different versions along with a black Dal that will prompt you to ask for a wheelchair instead of a take-out bag. So so fabulously good.

Not sure how I made this jump, but all of these musings about Indian food has led to a craving for lamb. So yesterday I had a long chat with the butcher at Publix about cooking lamb and am going to attempt cook it on the grill this weekend. This should be highly entertaining. Hubs will be standing by with a alcohol(for me), Valium(for him), fire extinguisher (for lamb) and Pizza Hut number. So if any of you have advice, please email me!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: