Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas


I have spent the morning scurrying around the house trying to complete all of my chores. Our godchild's mother is at the doctor's this morning for an ultrasound. Rumor has it that she may induce today. Since I am leaving town tomorrow, I am doing what I can to make this rumor materialize. Praying my heart out. I am certain that she is sick of me texting her.  So hoping to see him before I head out of town.

In this midst of the scurrying, I realized we probably needed to have something for dinner tonight. Given that its been a while since I've been to the store, dinner was looking like frozen pizza. However, I had some leftover chicken, and jalapenos in the fridge. I also had these items in the pantry:


Of course, time was put on hold and  a new recipe was created. This is quick and pretty yummy. Freezes well. I bet it it would also be good with ground beef and taco seasoning added.

Chicken Enchiladas

1 and 1/2 large cooked chicken breast, shredded
1/2 can of fat-free refried beans
1 small can of sliced black olives, drained 
1/2 jar Borders medium salsa
2 small jalapenos (do not deseed), finely diced
1/4 c purple onion, finely diced
4 flour tortilla
1/2 c enchilada sauce
Vermont extra sharp cheese, grated
ripe tomato, chopped

Mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Heap mixture equally into center of tortillas. Roll tortillas and place seam side down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas, top with grated cheese and sprinkle tomato pieces on top. Bake 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments: